fcgi-cgi is a FastCGI application to run normal cgi applications. It doesn't
make CGI applications faster, but it allows you to run them on a different
host and with different user permissions (without the need for suexec).
lighttpd2 won't have a mod_cgi, so you need this FastCGI wrapper to be able
to execute standard cgi applications like mailman and cgit.
fcgi-cgi is released under the `MIT license <http://git.lighttpd.net/fcgi-cgi.cgi/tree/COPYING>`_
Examples for spawning a fcg-cgi instance with daemontools or runit::
# run script
exec spawn-fcgi -n -s /tmp/fastcgi-cgi.sock -u www-default -U www-data -- /usr/bin/fcgi-cgi
* glib >= 2.16.0 (http://www.gtk.org/)
* libev (http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/libev.html)
* cmake or autotools (for snapshots/releases the autotool generated files are included)
* snapshot/release with autotools::
* build from git: ``git clone git://git.lighttpd.net/fcgi-cgi.git``
* with autotools::
* with cmake (should work with snapshots/releases too)::